Diploma of Agriculture
Manage agricultural staff
Prepare agricultural business budgets
Analysing financial reports and financial performance for your agr-business
Develop a whole farm plan
Prepare a business plan
Develop cost of production models
Manage OH&S policies
The RIST Diploma of Agriculture offers an exciting opportunity to gain a formal qualification in the Western Districts of Victoria.
Key features of the Diploma of Agriculture include:
- Industry focused.
- Covers a diverse range of subject areas including animal husbandry, pasture management, animal nutrition, stock marketing, business planning, financial and resource management, etc.
- Access to RIST course deliverers who have industry credibility with both the vocational and educational experience to deliver the training.
- A delivery method geared towards the adoption of on farm change with a strong focus on business management and its application to the workforce.
- Training that embraces the latest in technological change within agriculture.
- A balance of on farm and off farm training that includes a component of take home activities.
- A study tour that observes a range of innovative agricultural enterprises in practice.
- The preparation of a production plan for an enterprise presented at the conclusion of the course by the course participant that can be applied to their workplace.
Graduates of RIST's Diploma of Agriculture program are highly competent and employable. Career paths include farm management/supervision, production, rural merchandising, sales, etc.
A Diploma of Agriculture will be issued to students who successfully achieve all competencies undertaken on the student training plan.
AHCOHS501A - Manage Occupational Health & Safety process.
AHCBUS501A - Manage staff.
AHCBUS508A - Prepare and monitor budgets and financial reports.
AHCAGB505A - Develop a whole farm plan.
AHCWRK502A - Collect and manage data.
AHCAGB502A - Plan and manage infrastructure requirements.
AHCLSK504A - Develop livestock health and welfare strategies.
AHCLSK409A - Supervise animal health programs.
AHCBUS507A - Monitor and review business performance.
AHCLSK502A - Arrange marketing of livestock
RIST offers the opportunity for students to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) or Recognition of Current Competencies (RCC) in all nationally recognised training offered by RIST. Contact RIST for further details.
The RIST Diploma of Agriculture, offered from our Hamilton base, commences each year in February. Minimum numbers apply.
Please contact RIST for an enrolment form or click on the button above to download the form.
Freephone: 1800 883 343
Phone: 03 5573 0943
Students with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For eligible participants, this training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding.
For current fees and charges, please refer to the 2013 Course Fees & Charges Schedule.
In addition to the Government funded training, RIST also delivers a range of commercial programs which are operated on a fee for service basis. Fees and charges for this type of training are not governed by the Ministerial Direction.
Please contact the RIST Centre if you require more information regarding course fees.